DAILY WORK WITH GOD
Topic: Learn To Rest on Sundays/Sabbath
Text: Genesis 2:1-3 KJV
1. Thus the heavens and earth were finished and the host of them
2. On the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he has had made.
3. And the Lord blessed the seventh day and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Resting after work is something which all mankind must understand as God’s creature. The Lord has shown all of us the pathway which all His creature must walk.
The above passage reveals to us that: 1. God has plan for all that he does 2. God is not lazy 3. God has a standard. After God had finished creation of the heavens and the earth, the bible records that he rested on the seventh day. This suggests to us that there is time for everything especially our work. There is time to work and there is time to rest, no wonder, we have working hours which we use to do our daily work.
Another thing that we must learn in today’s devotion is to finish all our work before the Sabbath day which is generally accepted to be Sunday. All uncompleted work must wait to be attended to on Monday which is the second day of the week. The bible makes us to understand that the Lord bless the day and sanctified it. Rest will make us fit for another working day, so we must learn to rest. Resting is for our good, therefore, let us master it and rest.
Resting on Sabbath is also to keep the Lord’s commandment as He gave it to the children of Israel in Exodus 20:8-11. Keep Sabbath, worship your God, go to Bible believing church so that you don’t neglect the congregation of the children of God, sing to the Lord, study and listen to sermons in your place of worship (Church), be doer of God’s word.
Don’t be restless!
1. Teach me to rest O Lord
2. Lord, bless the work of my hand
3. Holy Spirit, teach me how to worship God