DAILY JOURNEY WITH THE LORD
Friday 12th January, 2018.
Bible Text: Malachi 3:1-12
1.“I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.
2. But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.
3. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,
4. and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the Lord, as in days gone by, as in former years.
5.“So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes
6.“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
7. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty. “But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’
8.“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.
9. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.
10. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
11. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.
12. “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.
What is tithe? Tithe is a tenth of your income (Leviticus 27:30 “A tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit, is the Lord’s, and is holy.”).
We are to return the tithe to God first—before we start spending our money on other things- Proverbs 3:9 – “Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income.”
Do not be deceived, everybody pay tithe but where individual pays his or her tithe differs. Few faithful one pay their tithe to God in the church, some pay theirs to doctors on sickness, some to armed robbers, etc. If you are among the people that are not paying tithe, you are simply robbing yourself of God’s blessings because the only time God promises to open the “windows of heaven and pour out a blessing” is when we pay our Tithe (Malachi 3:10).
If you want Abraham’s blessings to be yours this year as we always claim in the song that says: Abraham’s blessings are mine/2ce,
I am blessed in the morning,
I am blessed in the evening,
Abraham’s blessings are mine.
you need to do what Abraham did by been faithful to God in your tithe, “ and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” Hebrew 7:2. If Abraham could give tithe to God, then who are we not to tithe?
1. Thank God for making you to see another day.
2. Forgive me Lord in all the areas I have not be faithful in my giving, have mercy on me Lord.
3. Give me the heart of giving.
4. Help me Lord to be faithful to you in paying my tithe