Two little girls who were taken away from their mother at gunpoint by kidnappers in Ondo State have been released.
The two girls whose names were given as Fikayo and Bolu were said to have been released after the payment of ransom.
Last week Friday, the girls were abducted at Leo area of Akure metropolis around 8pm while their mother was trying to open the gate to their compound after returning from her shop.
The victims, age four and two were dropped at the roadside within Okuta Elerinla axis in Akure, the state capital around 10pm on Tuesday where a good samaritan saw them and took them to a police station before they were handed over to their parents.
A family source who confirmed the release of the two girls said N5m was collected as ransom by the abductors
The source which craved anonymity added that the kidnappers had initially demanded N40m ransom before it was reduced to N5m following a series of negotiations.
He added that the joy of the mother knew no bounds as she was reunited with her daughter and her sister’s daughter living with her.
Confirming their release, the spokesperson of the state Police Command, DSP Funmi Odunlami who said a good samaritan saw them in the night and took them to a police station, denied that ransom was paid for their release.